A curated list of IoT. Everyone can contribute here!
- Awesome Azure IoT - A curated list of awesome Azure Internet of Things projects and resources.
- Awesome Android Things - A curated list of awesome Android Things tutorials, libraries and much more at one place
- Awesome OpenIoT - A curated list of awesome open source IoT frameworks, libraries and software.
- Awesome IoT - A curated list of awesome Internet of Things projects and resources.
- Voice Controller
- IoT Clouds
- IIoT Clouds
- Toolkits Include Non-OS
- Data Visualization
- Home Automation
- Protocol Library
- Hardware Com
- devify-server ★ 53 ⧗ 1 - s extremely light weight, and is very easy to use. It aims to help developers to create IoT application servers, faster.
- Epoc.js ★ 27 ⧗ 0 - This framework provides an interface to access data from the Emotiv EPOC brain sensor using Node.js.
- ESP-IDF ★ 2542 ⧗ 0 - The official framework from Espressif to build Wi-Fi, BLE, and BT apps with ESP32.
- FogLight ★ 10 ⧗ 100 - is a lightweight runtime that enables makers of all ages and skill levels to create highly performant apps for embedded devices like Raspberry Pis.
- framboos ★ 75 ⧗ 3 - is a small Java wrapper around the default GPIO driver on Linux boards like Raspberry Pi and BeagleBoard.
- Freedomotic ★ 208 ⧗ 4 - is an open source, flexible, secure Internet of Things (IoT) application framework, useful to build and manage modern smart spaces.
- GoBot ★ 2062 ⧗ 1 - Golang framework for robotics, physical computing, and the Internet of Things.
- guh ★ 50 ⧗ 29 - is an open source IoT (Internet of Things) server, which allows to control a lot of different devices from many different manufacturers.
- heimcontrol.js ★ 1306 ⧗ 4 - Home-Automation with node.js and Raspberry PI.
- IoT 433 MHz ★ 121 ⧗ 11 - IoT System to control 433 MHz RC power sockets, PIR, Door Sensors and much more.
- IoT Edge ★ 264 ⧗ 0 - The Azure IoT Gateway SDK was our first step to enabling edge analytics in IoT solutions.
- IoT SOL ★ 38 ⧗ 0 - The total solution that provides visual graphical programming for developing IoT applications.
- IoTCloud 2 ★ 14 ⧗ 50 - An open source framework for IoT and Sensor Centric Applications.
- Kura ★ 85 ⧗ 1 - an open-source framework for development of IoT applications
- Lelylan ★ 647 ⧗ 1 - OpenSSL Source Lightweight Microservices Architecture for the Internet of Things. For developers.
- Lightweight MQTT Machine Network ★ 21 ⧗ 1 - LWMQN is a machine network framework with MQTT. See also: IPSO Alliance Technical Archive.
- Liota ★ 162 ⧗ 2 - is an open source offering for IoT solution developers and resides primarily on IoT gateways.
- OpenDevice ★ 23 ⧗ 8 - Open IoT (Internet Of Things) Platform and Framework.
- Pando Cloud ★ 75 ⧗ 2 - is the cloud part of Pando IoT solution. It’s made of a bunch of tools, protocols and frameworks below: Pando Cloud, Pando Embedded Framework, Pando Protocol as so on.
- Pingo ★ 211 ⧗ 0 - Generic API for controlling boards with programmable IO pins.
- PolyMCU ★ 84 ⧗ 2 - has been designed from the beginning to be as flexible as possible: host OS independent, support any toolchain, any RTOS, any micro-controller vendor SDK.
- rpi-gpio.js ★ 221 ⧗ 5 - Control Raspberry Pi GPIO pins with node.js.
- SensorBee ★ 54 ⧗ 33 - Lightweight stream processing engine for IoT
- Serverless ★ 7951 ⧗ 0 - Serverless is the application framework for building web, mobile and IoT applications exclusively on Amazon Web Services’ Lambda and API Gateway.
- Simgrid ★ 46 ⧗ 53 - is a scientific instrument to study the behavior of large-scale distributed systems such as Grids, Clouds, HPC or P2P systems.
- Sming ★ 1800 ⧗ 0 - Sming is an asynchronous C/C++ framework with superb performance and multiple network features. Sming is open source and is tailored towards embedded devices.
- Thingsboard IoT Gateway ★ 65 ⧗ 5 - open-source IoT Gateway - integrates devices connected to legacy and third-party systems with Thingsboard IoT Platform using OPC-UA and MQTT protocols.
Armbian build SDK ★ 630 - for creating customized kernel and Debian based userspace for popular development boards.
- AWS IoT Arduino Yún SDK ★ 63 ⧗ 4 - SDK for connecting to AWS IoT from an Arduino Yún.
- Azure IoT Gateway SDK ★ 26 ⧗ 2 - contains the infrastructure and modules to create IoT gateway solutions.
- Electron ★ 41 ⧗ 16 - The Electron is a tiny cellular development kit based around U-Blox’s SARA U-series (3G) or G-series (2G) cellular modem module and a STM32F205 ARM Cortex M3 microcontroller.
- ESP8266 Arduino Core ★ 2588 ⧗ 0 - Arduino core for ESP8266 WiFi chip.
- EZ-Connect Lite SDK ★ 67 ⧗ 16 - Marvell’s Starter SDK for AWS IoT Service.
- Microsoft Azure IoT SDK ★ 203 ⧗ 1 - SDKs for a variety of languages and platforms that help connect devices to Microsoft Azure IoT services.
- ArduinoJson ★ 873 ⧗ 0 - An elegant and efficient JSON library for embedded systems.
- Ino ★ 874 ⧗ 1 - Ino is a command line toolkit for working with Arduino hardware.
- PJON ★ 427 ⧗ 4 - Digital communication framework for Arduino and IOT.
- Windows Remote Arduino ★ 98 ⧗ 13 - Remote “Arduino Wiring” interface for Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 10. Used to control an Arduino from a Universal Windows Platform application.
- WiringPi ★ 455 ⧗ 11 - Gordon’s Arduino wiring-like WiringPi Library for the Raspberry Pi.
- Amazon Echo Bridge ★ 452 ⧗ 1 - Amazon Echo Bridge allows you to quickly emulate a Phillips Hue bridge, bringing the ability to seamlessly integrate an Amazon Echo into various home automation systems.
- aWOT ★ 69 ⧗ 8 - Web server library for Arduino, Teensy, ESP8266 and ESP32
- btstack ★ 151 ⧗ 1 - Dual-mode Bluetooth stack, with small memory footprint.
- CocoaMQTT ★ 210 ⧗ 0 - MQTT for iOS and OS X written with Swift.
- Devices ★ 134 ⧗ 0 - Suite of libraries for IoT devices (written in Go).
- fauxmoESP - Belkin WeMo emulator library for ESP8266.
- inih ★ 312 ⧗ 3 - is a simple .INI file parser written in C.
- IoT Helpers ★ 37 ⧗ 8 - A library that allows to easily interact with Windows 10 IoT Core features like GPIO, I2C and SPI devices.
- IoTit Flashing tool ★ 18 ⧗ 2 - is an open source command-line utility for flashing (initializing) IoT devices.
- krypton ★ 7 ⧗ 35 - Embedded TLS/DTLS library, source and binary compatible OpenSSL subset
- Ladon ★ 114 ⧗ 2 - is a library written in Go for access control policies, similar to Role Based Access Control or Access Control Lists.
- libtuv ★ 19 ⧗ 17 - Asynchronous I/O for IoT.js and embedded system.
- libui ★ 8021 ⧗ 1 - Simple and portable (but not inflexible) GUI library in C that uses the native GUI technologies of each platform it supports.
- LK ★ 312 ⧗ 0 - The LK embedded kernel. An SMP-aware kernel designed for small systems.
- Magenta ★ 286 ⧗ 0 - Magenta is a new kernel that powers the Fuchsia OS.
- MATRIX OS ★ 29 ⧗ 12 - is a platform for running applications on the MATRIX Creator.
- matrixssl ★ 36 ⧗ 0 - is an embedded SSL and TLS implementation designed for small footprint IoT devices requiring low overhead per connection.
- MCUBoot ★ 43 ⧗ 3 - is a secure bootloader for 32-bit MCUs.
- nexmon ★ 885 ⧗ 2 - is our C-based firmware patching framework for Broadcom/Cypress WiFi chips.
- pingo-py ★ 223 ⧗ 15 - provides a uniform API to program devices like the Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone Black, pcDuino etc. just like the Python DBAPI provides an uniform API for database programming in Python.
- polymcu ★ 57 ⧗ 3 - an open framework for micro-controller software.
- Secure Device Grid ★ 4 ⧗ 20 - Secure device-to-device communication solution for IOT.
- simbody ★ 540 ⧗ 0 - High-performance C++ multibody dynamics/physics library for simulating articulated biomechanical and mechanical systems like vehicles, robots, and the human skeleton.
- SmartObject ★ 8 ⧗ 2 - A Smart Object Class that helps you with creating IPSO Smart Objects in your JS apps. See also: IPSO Alliance Technical Archive.
- Soletta ★ 96 ⧗ 2 - Soletta Project is a framework for making IoT devices. With Soletta Project’s libraries developers can easily write software for devices that control actuators/sensors and communicate using standard technologies.
- SPIFFS ★ 174 ⧗ 0 - Wear-leveled SPI flash file system for embedded devices.
- SUSI ★ 13 ⧗ 150 - is an application framework to build interfaces for arbitrary systems.
- SwiftyGPIO ★ 407 ⧗ 1 - a Swift library to interact with Linux GPIO/SPI on ARM.
- uIP ★ 246 ⧗ 3 - uIP is a very small implementation of the TCP/IP stack.
- WifiDog ★ 291 ⧗ 1 - a complete and embeddable captive portal solution for wireless community groups or individuals.
- Windows 10 IoT Core IoT Helpers ★ 25 ⧗ 0 - his library allows to easily interact with GPIO, I2C and SPI devices in Windows 10 IoT Core.
- xfrp ★ 14 ⧗ 2 - frp client for openwrt&LEDE, frp is a fast reverse proxy to help you expose a local server behind a NAT or firewall to the internet.
- XiPKI ★ 34 ⧗ 10 - eXtensible sImple Public Key Infrastructure consists of CA and OCSP responder.
- xkcptun ★ 104 ⧗ 25 - xkcptun is kcp tunnel for OpenWRT&LEDE, implemented in c language
- Cordova BLE ★ 149 ⧗ 3 - Bluetooth Low Energy plugin for Cordova
- Cordova MQTT Plugin ★ 24 ⧗ 11 - MQTT Cordova Plugin for Apache Cordova
- IOT Espressif Android ★ 46 ⧗ 1 - is used to control ESP8266 device by Android pad or phone.
- PhoneGap NFC ★ 312 ⧗ 2 - PhoneGap NFC Plugin
- PWAify ★ 269 ⧗ 8 - Experimental project to convert your PWA (Progressive Web App) into a cross-platform Electron app. Brings PWAs to your desktop.
- Summon ★ 7 ⧗ 52 - A platform for mobile devices that provides a convenient and scalable mechanism for IoT device interactivity, enabled by web-based interfaces and driven by the devices themselves.
- hypergolix ★ 72 ⧗ 11 - is programmable cloud sync – like Dropbox, but you integrate it into your applications instead of using it from the filesystem.
- IoTDL ★ 9 ⧗ 8 - an SQL-like language for the IoT.
- node-iotdb ★ 19 ⧗ 61 - Easily control the Internet of Things using Semantics.
IoTSeeker This scanner will scan a network for specific types of IoT devices to detect if they are using the default, factory set credentials.
- nShield ★ 66 ⧗ 35 - An Easy and Simple Anti-DDoS solution for VPS,Dedicated Servers and IoT devices based on iptables.
- Scanners-Box ★ 424 ⧗ 0 - the toolbox of open source scanners.
- trezor-crypto ★ 94 ⧗ 1 - 📙 Heavily optimized cryptography algorithms for embedded devices.
Mynewt is an open-source operating system for tiny embedded devices. Its goal is to make it easy to develop applications for microcontroller environments where power and cost are driving factors.
- Amazon FreeRTOS ★ 842 ⧗ 0 - is an operating system for microcontrollers that makes small, low-power edge devices easy to program, deploy, secure, connect, and manage.
- ARM mbed ★ 629 ⧗ 0 - The ARM® mbed™ IoT Device Platform provides the operating system, cloud services, tools and developer ecosystem to make the creation and deployment of commercial, standards-based IoT solutions possible at scale.
- Armbian - Debian based Docker enabled lightweight Linux for popular development boards. Optimised for embedded usage.
- Brillo - Brillo extends the Android platform to all your connected devices.
- Contiki ★ 1813 ⧗ 0 - The Open Source OS for the Internet of Things
- f9-kernel ★ 316 ⧗ 4 - An efficient and secure microkernel built for ARM Cortex-M cores, inspired by L4
- FlingOS ★ 176 ⧗ 0 - An educational operating system written in C#. A great stepping stone from high to low level development.
- Huawei LiteOS ★ 341 ⧗ 3 - Huawei LiteOS Kernel.
- Hypriot ★ 253 ⧗ 62 - HypriotOS for the Raspberry Pi is a Debian-based Container OS optimized for Docker.
- JanOS ★ 138 ⧗ 0 - JanOS is an operating system designed to run on the chipset of mobile phones.
- Linino ★ 83 ⧗ 13 - Linino is a GNU/Linux distribution based on OpenWRT and maintained by DogHunter.
- Lua-RTOS-ESP32 ★ 131 ⧗ 2 - is a real-time operating system designed to run on embedded systems, with minimal requirements of FLASH and RAM memory.
- macchina.io ★ 144 ⧗ 0 - An open-source toolkit for building embedded IoT applications that connect sensors, devices and cloud services.
- NodeOS ★ 3605 ⧗ 0 - Lightweight operating system using Node.js as userspace.
- NuttX - is a real-time operating system (RTOS) with an emphasis on standards compliance and small footprint. Scalable from 8-bit to 32-bit microcontroller environments, the primary governing standards in NuttX are Posix and ANSI standards.
- OpenWrt ★ 230 ⧗ 173 - OpenWrt is described as a Linux distribution for embedded devices.
- pikoRT ★ 164 ⧗ 5 - A tiny Linux-like real-time kernel optimized for ARM Cortex-M chips.
- Raspbian - Raspbian is a free operating system based on Debian optimized for the Raspberry Pi hardware.
- RIOT ★ 748 ⧗ 1 - The friendly Operating System for the Internet of Things
- RMP ★ 19 ⧗ 8 - A single-file rapid development RTOS for IoT with integrated graphics.
- RT-Thread ★ 493 ⧗ 0 - RT-Thread is an open source real-time operating system for embedded devices from China.
- seL4 Microkernel ★ 1344 ⧗ 1 - The world’s first operating-system kernel with an end-to-end proof of implementation correctness and security enforcement is available as open source.
- Snappy Ubuntu Core - Canonical, A new, transactionally updated Ubuntu for clouds and devices.
- TachyOS ★ 7 ⧗ 82 - is the RTOS based on microkernel architecture which includes only minimal components like thread / synchronization, memory management, inter-thread communication while supporting execution context / address space isolation(protection) and extensible modular interface.
- TinyAra ★ 35 ⧗ 1 - is a lightweight RTOS-based platform to support low-end IoT devices.
- TinyOS ★ 543 ⧗ 0 - designed for low-power wireless devices, such as those used in sensor networks, ubiquitous computing, personal area networks, smart buildings, and smart meters.
- Tock OS ★ 243 ⧗ 1 - is an operating system designed for running multiple concurrent, mutually distrustful applications on Cortex-M based embedded platforms.
- trochili ★ 75 ⧗ 6 - A small RTOS optimized for the embedded/iot devices. Support Cortex M3.
- Zephyr ★ 352 ⧗ 5 - is a small, scalable real-time operating system for use on resource-constrained systems supporting multiple architectures.
- Android Things user-space drivers ★ 140 ⧗ 2 - Sample peripheral drivers for Android Things.
- alexa-rubykit ★ 109 ⧗ 6 - implements a quick back-end service for deploying applications for Amazon’s Echo (Alexa).
- AlexaPi ★ 17 ⧗ 1 - Turn a Raspberry Pi into an Alexa Client.
- flask-ask ★ 946 ⧗ 0 - is a Flask extension that makes building Alexa skills for the Amazon Echo easier and much more fun.
- [thing-it-node] ★ 20 ⧗ 3 - A device-independent IoT platform including support of complex event processing, storyboards, and a mobile app.
- Astarte ★ 19 ⧗ 0 - Astarte is an Open Source IoT platform written in Elixir. It is a turnkey solution which packs in everything you need for connecting a device fleet to a set of remote applications. It performs data modeling, automated data reduction, real-time events, and provides you with any feature you might expect in a modern IoT platform. Right now, Linux and ESP32 devices are supported out of the box using the provided SDKs.
- Blynk ★ 716 ⧗ 0 - is a platform with iOS and Android apps to control Arduino, ESP8266, Raspberry Pi and the likes over the Internet.
- Clavin ★ 212 ⧗ 2 - Calvin is an application environment that lets things talk to things. It comprises of both a development framework for application developers, and a runtime environment that handles the running application.
- DeviceHive - IoT Data Platform. Wide range of connectivity options, device management, security and data processing.
- embARC Open Software Platform (OSP) ★ 23 ⧗ 9 - is a software distribution aimed at facilitating the development of embedded systems based on ARCv2 Processors.
- flowchain-app ★ 22 ⧗ 50 - A Flowchain plugin that provides the flow-based programming (FBP) engine.
- GrovePi ★ 330 ⧗ 0 - is an open source platform for connecting Grove Sensors to the Raspberry Pi.
- Hologram - Open source, full stack platform with standalone devices and usb plug in. Offers a free developer tier.
- IoTgo ★ 173 ⧗ 0 - is an open source IoT platform, like WordPress, ZenCart and all other open source software, you can deploy your own IoTgo cloud service.
- Jasper - Jasper is an open source platform for developing always-on, voice-controlled applications.
- KERBEROS.IO Web ★ 176 ⧗ 16 - a GUI to configure the machinery and to view events that were detected by the machinery.
- Kitnic ★ 124 ⧗ 0 - A registry for ready to build open hardware electronics projects.
- Lan ★ 105 ⧗ 0 - Internet of Things Server Layer with CoAP, WebSocket, MQTT, HTTP f
- Mainflux ★ 33 ⧗ 3 - Mainflux is an open source and patent-free IoT cloud platform based on microservices.
- Mobius ★ 46 ⧗ 2 - is the open source IoT server platform based on the oneM2M standard.
- Mongoose IoT ★ 487 ⧗ 0 - is a full-stack IoT platform including firmware and cloud components available for ESP8266.
- Nebula - A docker orchestrator designed to manage IoT devices
- Pagenodes ★ 99 ⧗ 0 - Completely Browser Based IOT Platform, A Chrome Progressive Web App.
- Particle(Spark) - Particle (formally Spark) is a complete, open source, full-stack solution for cloud-connected devices.
- PharoThings ★ 37 ⧗ 29 - is a Live programming platform for IoT projects based on Pharo.
- PlatformIO ★ 980 ⧗ 0 - PlatformIO is a cross-platform code builder and the missing library manager.
- Siemens MindSphere - Open, cloud-based IoT operating system (uses OPC UA as communication standard) from Siemens which is extensible with services.
- ThingEngine ★ 3 ⧗ 0 - An open source platform for IoT rules that you can execute anywhere you want.
- Thingsboard ★ 259 ⧗ 0 - Open-source IoT Platform - Device management, data collection, processing and visualization.
- Agile IoT Platform - Ayla Networks IoT Platform (with cloud services).
- AlibabaCloud - “A cloud computing solution”
- Artik Cloud - Samsung cloud for the IoT.
- AWS IoT - Amazon cloud for the IoT.
- Azure IoT Hub - Microsoft cloud for the IoT.
- Bosch IoT Cloud - Highly scalable cloud infrastructure based on Cloud Foundry.
- CloudPlugs IoT - “An end-to-end Fog Computing Platform for IoT.”
- Exosite murano - IoT platform by Exosite.
- Google Cloud IoT - Google Cloud Platform IoT solutions.
- IBM Watson - IBM cloud for the IoT.
- Oracle IoT Cloud - ORACLE Cloud for the Internet of Things.
- Salesforce IoT Cloud - Salesforce cloud for the Internet of Things.
- SAP HANA - SAP cloud for the Internet of Things.
- Siemens MindSphere - Open IoT ecosystem as PaaS.
- Xively IoT Cloud - IoT platform.
- Yaler - “Relay infrastructure for secure access to embedded systems”.
- Zatar - “Zatar is the first ARMmbed standards-based IoT cloud service”.
- Rightech IoT Cloud - IoT platform.
- DataXChange - Cloud manufacturing.
- deviceWISE for Factory - Telit IIoT cloud.
- Predix - Industrial IoT cloud (by General Electric).
- Space-Time Insight IIoT - Industrial IoT cloud (formerly go-factory.com).
- Thingworx - Industrial IoT cloud.
- Voice of the Machine - Industrial IoT cloud (by Parker Hannifin, based on Exosite).
- OGC SensorThings API ★ 21 ⧗ 15 - The OGC SensorThings API is an OGC standard specification for providing an open and unified way to interconnect IoT devices, data, and applications over the Web
- Qeo Tinq ★ 6 ⧗ 392 - Tinq is completely based on the Qeo publish/subscribe framework produced by Technicolor as explained in the license section.
- Kaa ★ 234 ⧗ 0 - Kaa open-source middleware platform for building, managing, and integrating connected products with the Internet of Everything.
- Kuzzle ★ 502 ⧗ 0 - An open-source backend with advanced features like real-time pub/sub or geofencing and a multiprotocol interface that supports MQTT, LoRaWAN and more. (Website)
- Meact ★ 6 ⧗ 43 - task is to get metric from external stuff, write it to and perform various action.
- OpenIoT ★ 205 ⧗ 0 - The OpenIoT middleware infrastructure will support flexible configuration and deployment of algorithms for collection
- SiteWhere ★ 61 ⧗ 0 - SiteWhere open-source IoT platform for device connectivity & management, data persistence, processing, integration, and analytics – both in cloud and on-premise.
- t6 ★ 9 ⧗ 0 - t6 is an “oriented-Data” platform to connect physical Objects with timeseries DB.
- ThingSpeak ★ 743 ⧗ 0 - ThingSpeak is an open source “Internet of Things” application and API to store and retrieve data from things using HTTP over the Internet or via a Local Area Network.
Toolkits Include Non-OS
Layered architecture of JTAG interface and TAP support
- IoT Toolkit ★ 39 ⧗ 41 - Reference implementation of the smart object API
- iot-adk-addonkit ★ 8 ⧗ 1 - Contains command line scripts for package creation and image creation process and samples for iot products based on RPi2/MBM.
- macchina.io ★ 144 ⧗ 0 - An open-source toolkit for building embedded IoT applications that connect sensors, devices and cloud services.
- OpenOCD ★ 10 ⧗ 34 - OpenOCD provides on-chip programming and debugging support with a layered architecture of JTAG interface and TAP support
- pyOCD ★ 112 ⧗ 0 - Open source python library for programming and debugging ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers using CMSIS-DAP.
- Renode ★ 81 ⧗ 0 - a virtual development tool for multinode embedded networks.
- Arbela ★ 12 ⧗ 2 - Rich, Extensible, Customizable, and Configurable Dashboard.
- Crouton ★ 75 ⧗ 0 - is a dashboard that lets you visualize and control your IOT devices with minimal setup.
- Dashing ★ 10067 ⧗ 0 - Dashing is a Sinatra based framework that lets you build beautiful dashboards.
- DevicePilot - Operational analytics for connected devices (includes free-forever tier).
- ECharts ★ 11457 ⧗ 0 - Echarts is a commercial charting solution originally intended to address the report need of the Company’s various business systems.
- Freeboard ★ 3034 ⧗ 0 - A damn-sexy, open source real-time dashboard builder for IOT and other web mashups. A free open-source alternative to Geckoboard.
- iotdashboard ★ 7 ⧗ 14 - Fast Django server for IOT Devices.
- Shelloid ★ 20 ⧗ 1 - is an open source IoT-ready real-time big data web application platform built using Node.js and Clojure.
- APixel ★ 8 ⧗ 31 - APixel is a combination of a ESP8266 dev board with a WS2812B (Addressable RGB) LED all in one.
- Arduino - open-source electronics platform based on easy-to-use hardware and software.
- Arduino ZERO - This board aims to provide a platform for innovative projects in smart IoT devices, wearable technology, high-tech automation, crazy robotics, and much more.
- BeagleBone - BeagleBone Black is a low-cost, community-supported development platform for developers and hobbyists.
- Bitsy Bits ★ 3 ⧗ 36 - is an IoT composite project. This means it has all parts to implement the full user experience.
- Carloop ★ 6 ⧗ 0 - Make apps for your car using signals from OBD-II, CAN and GPS. Publish data online using the Particle platform.
- Cheapduino - CheapDuino is the most cheapest Arduino compatible processor in the world.
- ESP8266 Smartwatch ★ 39 ⧗ 0 - ESP8266 DIY WiFi Smartwatch with MPU-9250, RTC, OLED, FT232, …
- Intel Galileo - Galileo is a microcontroller board based on the Intel® Quark SoC X1000 Application Processor, a 32-bit Intel Pentium-class system on a chip
- Microduino - Microduino is about the size of a quarter and less than half the size of the original Arduino board.
- NodeMCU - a firmware based on ESP8266 wifi-soc.
- Powerduino ★ 53 ⧗ 102 - A fully programmable power strip with energy monitoring and wireless connectivity.
- PULPino ★ 201 ⧗ 0 - PULPino is an open-source microcontroller system, based on a small 32-bit RISC-V core developed at ETH Zurich.
- Raspberry Pi - a tiny and affordable computer that you can use to learn programming through fun, practical projects
- SquareWear - An Open-Source Arduino-based Wearable Microcontroller
- Tessel - Tessel is a completely open source and community-driven IoT and robotics development. platform.
- Wemos - Very-cheap firmware based on ESP8266 wifi-soc.
- Widora ★ 15 ⧗ 21 - Widora is open source WiFi development hardware prototype with sound card based on MT7688A running OpenWrt.
- CK.HomeAutomation ★ 15 ⧗ 9 - The first open source Home Automation SDK for Windows 10 IoT Core.
- Eclipse SmartHome - Smart Home adoption will only gain momentum if the different devices can be connected into over-arching use cases, but currently the market for Smart Home systems and IoT gadgets is heavily fragmented.
- Floorplan for Home Assistant ★ 949 ⧗ 0 - the Home Assistant front end provides a great way of viewing and interacting with your entities.
- heimcontrol.js ★ 1306 ⧗ 4 - Home-Automation with node.js and Raspberry PI
- home-assistant ★ 3237 ⧗ 0 - Open-source home automation platform running on Python 3
- home.pi ★ 145 ⧗ 1 - Home Automation with AngularJS and MQTT on a Raspberry Pi
- Homebridge ★ 3030 ⧗ 0 - Homebridge is a lightweight NodeJS server you can run on your home network that emulates the iOS HomeKit API.
- Lumos ★ 70 ⧗ 1 - aims to change that by pairing with WiFi and uses Machine Learning to adjust the light to match your sleep schedule.
- Magic Mirror ★ 503 ⧗ 0 - A ⚡Magic Mirror⚡ powered by a UWP Hosted Web App.
- Mozilla Smart Home ★ 4 ⧗ 8 - offers a middle ground between “in a box” solutions like Apple Homekit and DIY solutions like Raspberry Pi
- MyController ★ 110 ⧗ 0 - is automation controller for home, office or any place.
- Ninja Blocks - Smart home controller. A computer for the coffee table.
- openHAB ★ 2536 ⧗ 0 - a vendor and technology agnostic open source automation software for your home.
- Pimatic ★ 362 ⧗ 0 - A home automation server and framework for the raspberry pi running on node.js.
- PrivateEyePi - Home Automation and Monitoring Projects for Raspberry Pi
- RaZberry - RaZberry brings Z-Wave to the Raspberry PI platform.
- Smart Mirror ★ 1181 ⧗ 0 - The fairest of them all. A DIY voice controlled smart mirror with IoT integration.
- Sonoff-HomeAssistant ★ 336 ⧗ 1 - is alternative firmware for the brilliant & cheap ($ not quality) range of Sonoff range of ESP-8266 based WiFi controlled switches.
- Vör ★ 31 ⧗ 2 - is open source software and hardware for turning your open office into an open, real-time map for finding people, open work places and current events.
- Angular 2 IoT ★ 10 ⧗ 4 - is an experimental technology that allows you to program physical hardware (buttons, LEDs, etc.) using Angular 2.
- DevIoT ★ 70 ⧗ 1 - Sublime Text plugin for IoT development.
- Platformio Atom IDE ★ 108 ⧗ 2 - The next generation integrated development environment for IoT.
- Stino ★ 1280 ⧗ 1 - is a Sublime Text plugin that provides an Arduino-like environment for editing, compiling and uploading sketches.
- WyliodrinSTUDIO ★ 25 ⧗ 2 - Wyliodrin STUDIO is a Chrome based IDE for software and hardware development for IoT and Embedded Linux systems.
- AirSim ★ 2606 ⧗ 1 - is a simulator for drones (and soon other vehicles) built on Unreal Engine.
- artoo ★ 1269 ⧗ 0 - Ruby framework for robotics and the Internet of Things.
- hubot ★ 10481 ⧗ 0 - A customizable life embetterment robot.
for embedded systems (IoT in mind).
- AWS IoT Button logger to git ★ 4 ⧗ 2 - A beginner-friendly AWS Lambda function that logs events from IoT devices into a git repository of your choice. Written in TypeScript, tested with Jest, compiled with Parcel. Uses Azure Pipelines for CI/CD.
- Corto ★ 15 ⧗ 4 - Corto is a tested, proven architecture for normalizing data from different technologies into one view regardless of location, format or datamodel.
- Emul8 ★ 50 ⧗ 71 - is an emulator of various embedded systems. With Emul8 you can develop embedded software entirely in a virtual environment that runs within your PC.
- ESP8266 Deauther ★ 3806 ⧗ 0 - allows you to perform a deauth attack with an ESP8266 against selected networks.
- fluent-bit ★ 90 ⧗ 4 - is a data collector for Linux, Embedded Linux, OSX and BSD family operating systems.
- Kamanja ★ 21 ⧗ 1 - is an open-source continuous decisioning engine that is hardened for enterprise reliability requirements, scalable to IoT level data volumes, and enables low latency use cases.
- Node-RED ★ 2513 ⧗ 0 - A visual tool for wiring the Internet of Things.
- Parlay ★ 8 ⧗ 160 - is software that brings visibility and accessibility to embedded devices.
- redzilla ★ 13 ⧗ 37 - is a service which allow to create easily instances of node-red.
- RemoteDebug ★ 17 ⧗ 11 - A library to remote debug over telnet connection!
- rio ★ 68 ⧗ 0 - An open source library allowing you to create an internet connected LED wall
- Sonoff-Tasmota ★ 4869 ⧗ 0 - Provide ESP8266 based itead Sonoff with Web, MQTT and OTA firmware using Arduino IDE.
- tinyVP ★ 12 ⧗ 48 - is a very small and lean hypervisor using MIPS R5 hardware VZ option
- vorto ★ 32 ⧗ 3 - is a toolset that lets you describe devices using a simple language and share these descriptions, so-called Information Models, in a centralized Vorto Repository.
- AtomVM ★ 390 ⧗ 0 - AtomVM is a tiny portable virtual machine that allows Erlang and Elixir code to run on microcontrollers with less than 500KB of RAM such as the ESP32.
- ELIoT ★ 76 ⧗ 48 - Extensible Language for Everyday (and the Internet of Things)
- eLua ★ 393 ⧗ 1 - Quickly prototype and develop embedded software applications with the power of Lua and run them on a wide range of microcontroller architectures.
- ESP Basic ★ 144 ⧗ 0 - Basic Interpreter for the ESP8266
- luvit ★ 2237 ⧗ 0 - Node.JS for the Lua Inventor.
- MicroPython ★ 3070 ⧗ 0 - MicroPython is a lean and fast implementation of the Python 3 programming language that is optimised to run on a microcontroller.
- szl ★ 100 ⧗ 0 - is a tiny, embeddable scripting engine inspired by Tcl and shell.
- Terra ★ 1248 ⧗ 0 - is a low-level system programming language that is embedded in and meta-programmed by the Lua programming language.
- ESP8266-Wifi-Relay ★ 31 ⧗ 19 - ESP8266-ESP12e Wifi Doppel Relay IOT Unterputz Montage möglich / Schaltaktor.
- K3PO ★ 22 ⧗ 9 - is a network driver and language agnostic testing tool.
- LittleD ★ 545 ⧗ 3 - A relational database for embedded devices and sensors nodes.
- mbed TLS ★ 601 ⧗ 0 - An open source, portable, easy to use, readable and flexible SSL library
- Mongoose Flashing Tool ★ 36 ⧗ 7 - Mongoose Flashing Tool (also called MFT) is the Mongoose IoT Platform flashing tool.
- UniK ★ 593 ⧗ 0 - is a tool for compiling application sources into unikernels (lightweight bootable disk images) rather than binaries.
- Aphid ★ 58 ⧗ 4 - A lightweight MQTT 3.1.1 client written in pure Swift 3.
- arduino-mqtt ★ 95 ⧗ 6 - MQTT library for Arduino based on the Eclipse Paho projects.
- Eclipse Paho MQTT C client ★ 142 ⧗ 3 - This code builds libraries which enable applications to connect to an MQTT broker to publish messages, and to subscribe to topics and receive published messages.
- EMQ X ★ 4777 ⧗ 0 - Scalable and Reliable Real-time MQTT Messaging Engine for IoT in 5G Era.
- ESP8266 MQTT ★ 440 ⧗ 0 - MQTT client library for ESP8266 Soc
- Espruna - Firmware for ESP8266 based smart switches. Includes Web GUI, MQTT and AOT software updates.
- gLeam ★ 50 ⧗ 108 - A operation cluster based on MQTT.
- Homie for ESP8266 ★ 115 ⧗ 1 - An Arduino for ESP8266 implementation of Homie, an MQTT convention for the IoT.
- Homie Server ★ 45 ⧗ 3 - A Web server for Homie, an MQTT convention for the IoT.
- Java mqtt-client ★ 405 ⧗ 2 - A Java MQTT Client.
- LightMQTT ★ 32 ⧗ 11 - is a lightweight MQTT client, written in Swift.
- m2mqtt ★ 69 ⧗ 11 - MQTT Client Library for .Net and WinRT.
- microTT ★ 673 ⧗ 1 - is a lightweight and efficient MQTT broker designed to raise the bar for pub/sub performance.
- moquette ★ 309 ⧗ 2 - Java MQTT lightweight broker.
- mosca ★ 1097 ⧗ 0 - Mosca is a node.js mqtt broker.
- Mosquitto ★ 158 ⧗ 0 - An Open Source MQTT v3.1/v3.1.1 Broker.
- MQTT Explorer - Tool to visualize your MQTT topics in a topic hierarchy, a MQTT swiss-army knife.
- MQTT Kafka Bridge ★ 28 ⧗ 35 - Bridge which consumes MQTT messages and republishes them on Kafka on the same topic.
- MQTT-C ★ 52 ⧗ 2 - A portable MQTT C client for embedded systems and PCs alike.
- MQTT.js ★ 1359 ⧗ 0 - The MQTT client for Node.js and the browser.
- neurite ★ 4 ⧗ 5 - A serial to MQTT bridge, an easier way to build IoT product with esp8266 Arduino.
- PubSub Client ★ 684 ⧗ 0 - A client library for the Arduino Ethernet Shield that provides support for MQTT.
- strong-pubsub ★ 97 ⧗ 1 - PubSub for Node.js, Browser, Mobile and IoT
- SurgeMQ ★ 776 ⧗ 1 - is a high performance MQTT broker and client library that aims to be fully compliant with MQTT 3.1 and 3.1.1 specs.
- VerneMQ ★ 561 ⧗ 1 - A distributed MQTT message broker.
- WolfSSL MQTT ★ 155 ⧗ 14 - A C MQTT library that works with WolfSSL.
- Californium ★ 36 ⧗ 0 - Californium is a Java implementation of CoAP for the IoT backend and less constrained IoT devices.
- CoAP.NET ★ 47 ⧗ 4 - A C# implementation of the CoAP protocol.
- Copper ★ 46 ⧗ 14 - A Firefox add-on to browse the Internet of Things.
- Go CoAP ★ 110 ⧗ 8 - Implementation of CoAP in go.
- h5.coap ★ 36 ⧗ 26 - Implementation of the Constrained Application Protocol (CoAP) client for node.js.
- iCoAP ★ 28 ⧗ 21 - Objective-C Client Implementation of CoAP.
- lobaro-coap ★ 74 ⧗ 4 - Complete CoAP Implementation in C.
- mbed CoAP ★ 23 ⧗ 11 - makes it easy to integrate a Java SE enabled device with coap based services like mbed Cloud.
- microcoap ★ 259 ⧗ 10 - A small CoAP implementation for microcontrollers.
- MQTT Client Framework ★ 312 ⧗ 1 - iOS, OSX, tvOS native ObjectiveC MQTT Client Framework.
- Node CoAP ★ 176 ⧗ 11 - node-coap is a client and server library for CoAP modeled after the http module.
- Python CoAP ★ 36 ⧗ 5 - A CoAP Python library.
- SwiftCoAP ★ 22 ⧗ 12 - Swift Server/Client Implementation of CoAP.
- txThings ★ 48 ⧗ 3 - CoAP library for Twisted framework.
- spark-protocol ★ 81 ⧗ 14 - Node.JS module for hosting direct encrypted CoAP socket connections.
- spark-server ★ 371 ⧗ 13 - An API compatible open source server for interacting with devices speaking the spark-protocol
- arduino-esp8266-alexa-multiple-wemo-switch ★ 213 ⧗ 0 - #Arduino Esp8266 Alexa Multiple Belkin wemo switch emulator.
- arduino-esp8266-alexa-wemo-switch ★ 213 ⧗ 5 - Amazon Alexa + WeMos switch made with Arduino D1 Mini.
- fauxmo ★ 430 ⧗ 0 - Emulated Belkin WeMo devices that work with the Amazon Echo.
- homebridge-platform-wemo ★ 106 ⧗ 24 - Belkin WeMo Platform plugin for the awesome Homebridge project.
- ouimeaux ★ 319 ⧗ 0 - Open source control for Belkin WeMo devices.
- wemo.js ★ 19 ⧗ 288 - This library aims to provide a simple interface to a Belkin WeMo Power Sockets.
- wemore ★ 26 ⧗ 10 - A more awesome library for Belkin WeMo interactions.
- SMCP ★ 55 ⧗ 0 - is an experimental CoAP-based machine-to-machine (M2M) protocol that is in the early stages of development.
- LoRa Gateway Bridge ★ 78 ⧗ 0 - is a service which abstracts the packet_forwarder UDP protocol running on most LoRa gateways into JSON over MQTT.
- LoRa Server ★ 237 ⧗ 0 - LoRa Server is an open-source LoRaWAN network-server.
- LoRaPI ★ 28 ⧗ 31 - Raspberry PI Lora Gateway/Node for RFM92/95/96/98/69HCW Modules.
- LowCostLoRaGw ★ 161 ⧗ 4 - Low-cost LoRa IoT & gateway with SX1272/76, Raspberry and Arduino.
- OSGP Platform ★ 35 ⧗ 7 - is an open, generic, scalable and independent ‘Internet of Things’ platform, which enables various connected smart objects in the public space to be easily controlled and monitored.
- OpenThread ★ 1139 ⧗ 2 - OpenThread is an open-source implementation of the Thread networking protocol.
- OpenThread Border Router ★ 64 ⧗ 0 - An open source border router, built to work with OpenThread.
- Anjay ★ 16 ⧗ 23 - is a C library that aims to be the reference implementation of the OMA Lightweight Machine-to-Machine (LwM2M) device management protocol.
- libimobiledevice ★ 2294 ⧗ 0 - A library to communicate with services of Apple iOS devices using native protocols.
- MeQ ★ 920 ⧗ 1 - is a real-time communication service for connecting online devices.
- OSS-7 ★ 44 ⧗ 37 - is an open source implementation of the DASH7 Alliance protocol for ultra low power wireless sensor communication.
- AWS IoT Button ★ 5 ⧗ 4 - Emulate the AWS IoT Button on a Raspberry Pi with a simple push button using this C++ sample.
BluetoothLinux is a Pure Swift Linux Bluetooth Stack.
- BluetoothSerial ★ 863 ⧗ 0 - Cordova (PhoneGap) Plugin for Serial Communication over Bluetooth
- React Native Bluetooth Serial ★ 299 ⧗ 2 - React Native version of BluetoothSerial plugin. For both android and ios
- Adafruit_NFCShield_I2C ★ 110 ⧗ 13 - I2C Driver for Adafruit’s PN532-based NFC Shield
- Chrome App NFC Library ★ 117 ⧗ 4 - With this simple library, you can build a Chrome App that communicates over USB with NFC Readers.
- LibLogicalAccess ★ 53 ⧗ 17 - C++ RFID Library for Windows/Linux/Mac. For PC/SC, NFC, ISO compliant and proprietary hardware.
- libnfc ★ 119 ⧗ 4 - Platform independent Near Field Communication library.
- NFC Tools for Java ★ 183 ⧗ 26 - NFCTools is a collection of libraries and tools for NFC in Java.
- Node NFC ★ 41 ⧗ 38 - A first try at binding libnfc to node.
- RFIDIOt ★ 314 ⧗ 6 - python RFID / NFC library & tools.
- rxtx ★ 67 ⧗ 4 - a Java cross platform wrapper library for the serial port
- Balena ★ 329 ⧗ 3 - is a new container engine purpose-built for embedded and IoT use cases and compatible with Docker containers.
- Drake ★ 500 ⧗ 0 - is a toolbox maintained by the Robot Locomotion Group at the MIT Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Lab (CSAIL).
- IBM messaging - Community around IBM Messaging products.
- IotWeb ★ 4 ⧗ 9 - A Embedded HTTP and WebSocket Server for UWP/.NET 4.5.
- Mender: Deployment Service ★ 8 ⧗ 14 - Microservice for managing software deployments for IIoT devices within Mender ecosystem.
- meshblu ★ 738 ⧗ 0 - Machine-to-machine instant messaging platform for the internet of things.
- Python Enocean ★ 13 ⧗ 45 - A Python library for reading and controlling EnOcean devices.
- React Native ESP8266 Smartconfig ★ 75 ⧗ 5 - a react-native module for ESP8266 ESPTOUCH Smart config.
- Servo ★ 7821 ⧗ 0 - is a prototype web browser engine written in the Rust language.
- The Things Network ★ 67 ⧗ 4 - The Things Network is a global open crowdsourced Internet of Things data network.
- The Things Network Arduino Library ★ 82 ⧗ 9 - is an Arduino Library for Arduino devices like The Things Uno and Node to communicate via The Things Network.
- WAMP Protocol ★ 228 ⧗ 1 - The Web Application Messaging Protocol The Web Application Messaging Protocol.
- Copper ★ 46 ⧗ 14 - A Firefox add-on to browse the Internet of Things
- Processing ★ 2644 ⧗ 0 - Processing is a flexible software sketchbook and a language for learning how to code within the context of the visual arts.
- Paho - The Paho project provides open-source client implementations of MQTT and MQTT-SN messaging protocols aimed at new, existing, and emerging applications for Machine‑to‑Machine (M-2-M) and Internet of Things (IoT).
- chelexa ★ 2 ⧗ 25 - Natural voice recognition IoT cloud chess solution via the Amazon Echo platform.
- A developer’s guide to the Internet of Things (by IBM) - None
- Advanced Penetration Testing - Free
- An Introduction to Programming the Internet of Things (IOT) Specialization - Landing page of 6 courses (Introduction to the Internet of Things and Embedded Systems / The Arduino Platform and C Programming / Interfacing with the Arduino / The Raspberry Pi Platform and Python Programming for the Raspberry Pi / Interfacing with the Raspberry Pi / Programming for the Internet of Things Capstone).
- Architecting Smart IoT Devices - Free
- Build an Intelligent System: From Embedded to Cloud (NOT FREE) - None
- Cryptography - Free
- Cyber Security Graduate Certificate - Courses: Operating Systems and Systems Programming, Introduction to Computer Networking, Computer and Network Security, Bitcoin and Crypto Currencies, Introduction to Cryptography, Technology and National Security (Paid).
- Introduction to Architecting Smart IoT Devices - Free
- Low-Level Software Security: Attacks and Countermeassures - None
- Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking - Free
- Secure Coding - Free
- Serverless Reference Architecture: IoT Backend ★ 134 ⧗ 3 - demonstrates how to use AWS Lambda in conjunction with Amazon Kinesis, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3), and Amazon CloudWatch to build a serverless system for ingesting and processing sensor data.
- Social Engineering and Manipulation - Free
- Software Architecture for the Internet of Things - Free
- Stanford Advanced Computer Security Certificate - Required courses: Using Cryptography Correctly, Writing Secure Code, Exploiting and Protecting Web Applications; Elective courses: Software Security Foundations, Mobile Security, Network Security, Emerging Threats & Defenses (Paid).
- Web Application Penetration Testing - Free
- Web Connectivity and Security in Embedded Systems - Free
- Eclipse IoT - Eclipse Foundation IoT top level project and working group.
- Hackaday - Discover. Get inspired. Repeat. Hack things for the better.
- IBM IoT - IBM DeveloperWorks for IoT
- Infoq IoT Weekly - Weekly IoT News, Open Source Project, Hardware
- Instructables - tech - Explore the Biggest How To and DIY community where people make and share inspiring, entertaining, and useful projects, recipes, and hacks.
- Makezine - DIY Projects and Ideas for Makers.
- Arduino Create - None
- http://edi.wang/ -
Windows 10 IoT
- IBM DeveloperWorks IoT - None
- IBM IoT Blog - None
- Industrial IoT blog - “Industrial IoT/Industrie 4.0 Viewpoints”.
- Intel IoT Blog - None
- Microsoft IoT Blog - None
- 唯笑志在-ServerSuperIO - None
- Guokr DIY - A Chinese DIY Group.
- Intel iot-devkit libraries - Official github repo for Intel IoT developer kit libraries & samples
- Microsoft IoT - Microsoft IoT Team
- The Hybrid Group - the create of cylon.js
- Design IoT ★ 594 ⧗ 0 - A Ebook to tech your create IoT System step by step.
- IoT-Firstep ★ 24 ⧗ 9 - A Ebook to tech your create IoT System.
- IPv6-WSN-Book - an easy guide to Wireless Sensor Networks (WSN), IPv6 and the Internet of Things (IoT).
- Using the Web to Build the IoT - A collection of six hand-picked chapters that introduce the key technologies and concepts for building the application layer of the IoT.
Related Resources Projects
- awesome-embedded-systems ★ 0 ⧗ 29 - The website awesome-embedded-systems.org lists resources about embedded system, software and hardware development.
- awesome-mqtt ★ 668 ⧗ 0 - Curated list of MQTT related stuff.
- micro-services-tutorial-iot ★ 20 ⧗ 13 - An instructor led microservices workshop.
- Unpacking the Internet of Things - Shows use cases to help to identify possible potential for enterprise specific products.
- Project Flogo ★ 207 ⧗ 0 - is an Open Source Framework for IoT Edge Apps & Integration.
- ELL ★ 1859 ⧗ 0 - allows you to build and deploy machine-learned pipelines onto embedded platforms, like Raspberry Pis, Arduinos, micro:bits, and other microcontrollers.
- libdeep - A deep learning library for C/C++.
- Machinery ★ 174 ⧗ 0 - is a low-budget video surveillance solution, that uses computer vision algorithms to detect changes, and that can trigger other devices.
- TensorFlow for Raspberry Pi ★ 317 ⧗ 0 - step-by-step instructions for installing TensorFlow from source using Bazel (which is also compiled from-scratch), as well as pre-built TensorFlow binaries.
- Bistro ★ 321 ⧗ 0 - light-weight batch and stream analytics engine which radically changes the way data is processed. Bistro relies on a novel column-oriented data model and is intended for IoT applications and data processing at the edge.
- NetData ★ 18973 ⧗ 0 - is a system for distributed real-time performance and health monitoring.
- Piwik ★ 5374 ⧗ 0 - Piwik is the leading Free/Libre open analytics platform.
- Samsara ★ 64 ⧗ 1 - is a real-time analytics platform.
- Eclipse Ditto is the open-source project of Eclipse IoT that provides a ready-to-use functionality to manage the state of Digital Twins.
- connectthedots ★ 307 ⧗ 0 - Connect tiny devices to Microsoft Azure services to build IoT solutions
- django-th ★ 275 ⧗ 0 - take the control of your data with this opensource clone of IFTTT, a bridge between your internet services.
- souliss ★ 137 ⧗ 8 - Arduino based Distributed Networking Framework for Smart Homes and IoT.
Your contributions are always welcome! Please submit a pull request or create an issue to add a new framework, library or software to the list. Do not submit a project that hasn’t been updated in the past 6 months or is not awesome.